My Backyard

On a perfect Wednesday, I love to go outside look at the beautiful waterfall with rushing water and the sound whoosh, wind shaking the trees and the sound of the rocks crackling on the trail. There’s also all the nice people saying hi and walking on the long trail, where you can go in your own world and relax.

My backyard is the best place to me, I love looking outside and seeing all the birds in the tress chirping and the birds at the waterfall drinking up the water, then bringing back there food to there nest for their family. There’s also a really long path that can go two ways, one is to a canyon with a great view that takes like two hours to get too. They other path brings you too a big loop and beyond that loop you can go under a road and to a tiny swamp with cranes sometimes.

My backyard is so much fun I have so many memories there of riding in my raft done the stream and going under the water fall. I also have memories of this secret path I found with a cave, and in the cave was a sponge bob drawn on the wall. There’s was also another time when my cousin was on a tree like 8 feet in the air trying too look cool, and waplap he fell in to the water, it was so funny but, he got out of the water so fast you didn’t even see him touch the water you just saw him wet.
This other time I was with my cousin and we were going a death hike on the side of a mountain were if you fell, you fall 10 feet in to 1 foot deep water, that is a super dangerous journey, but that journey is the best and fun.

These are the reasons that I love my backyard, I love the beautiful sounds of the waterfall the birds and the rocks crunching when you step, I love my backyard and I cant wait to make new memories there and find new paths on the way.

One thought on “My Backyard

1. Sounds like a very special backyard, Jered. We love the places we grow up in, and I think it’s wonderful that you have such a strong appreciation for your home and can express that in such a beautiful way here.

I like what you did with the organization of this piece: there is the body paragraph of your current experiences with your backyard, and then a body paragraph of memories. Then, in the conclusion, you turn to the future and express your thoughts about the adventures you might have in the months and years to come! Very cool.